Lordan Magnier and Partners Ltd and Lordan Magnier Insurances Ltd both t/a Michael Kennedy Insurance Group ( MKIG ) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a data subject.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of MKIG in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Contact details : The Plaza Forster Way Swords Co Dublin
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is MKIG
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
- MKIG are Insurance and Financial Brokers who deal with all aspects of Insurance and Financial products on behalf of our clients. We deal with a large panel of insurance companies and providers.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here:
- Name : Fergal Kennedy
- Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number : 01-8902277
Purpose for processing your data
MKIG are Insurance and Financial Brokers who provide advice on all aspects of insurance and financial products for our clients. We have access to a large number of providers both in Ireland and in Europe.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with Insurance and Financial advice we need to collect personal data from time to time. The information collected will be necessary and appropriate to allow us provide you with the most appropriate advice and we are committed to ensuring it does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will MKIG use the personal data it collects about me?
MKIG will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are required to keep certain information for certain periods of time to comply with legal and regulatory guidelines set down. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
- protect the vital interests of the data subject including the protection of rights and freedoms
- necessary for the legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards
- personal data made public by the data subject
- legal claims
- substantial pubic interest
- preventative or occupation medicine for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, provision of health or social care treatment or management of health and social care systems and services under the basis that appropriate contracts with health professional and safeguards are in place.
- Public health, ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place for the protection of rights and freedoms of the data subject or professional secrecy
- National laws in terms of processing genetic, biometric or health data.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to MKIG in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with MKIG procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
We MKIG facilitate the data subject’s rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. ( This is available on request )
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that MKIG refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing:
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. MKIG will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body The Central Bank Of Ireland and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by MKIG or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and MKIG’s Data Protection Officer.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a statutory requirement ( e.g. Payroll ) or to fulfil a contract ( e.g. Insurance policy ) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect. If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than from which the data was collected we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Profiling – automatic decision making
As part of our service we may be required to carry out or use profiling systems to determine certain attitudes to risk or behaviours. These will include:
a) Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) MKIG can use automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
b) Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 01-8902277 or email@example.com
Version 1 05.2018